Ten CEOs of Australian companies topped $10 million in realised pay for fiscal year 2018, the Australian Council of Superannuation Investors (ACSI) revealed in its annual survey of S&P/ASX 200 chief executive remuneration.
Whilst median realised pay (including the value of equity that vested during the year) rose to $4.5 million for ASX100 CEOs, average realised pay fell to $5.66 million from $6.23 million in 2017.
The top 10 CEOs in realised pay were:
- Alan Joyce, Qantas Airways ($23,876,351)
- Nicholas Moore, Macquarie Group ($23,855,580)
- Michael Clarke, Treasury Wine Estates ($19,024,334)
- Bob Vassie, St Barbara ($13,246,088)
- Craig Scroggie, NextDC ($12,515,914)
- Sandeep Biswas, Newcrest Mining ($12,083,392)
- Brian Benari, Challenger Group ($11,696,001)
- Raleigh Finlayson, Saracen Mineral Holdings ($11,284,256)
- Andrew Bassat, Seek ($10,744,472)
- Colin Goldschmidt, Sonic Healthcare ($10,017,376)